Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
- Rapid response systems: are they really effective?.Crit Care. 2015; 19: 104
- Rapid-response systems as a patient safety strategy: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 417-425
- The implementation of an emergency nursing framework (HIRAID) reduces patient deterioration: a multi-centre quasi-experimental study.Int Emerg Nurs. 2021; 56100976
- Implementation of a structured emergency nursing framework results in significant cost benefit.Res Sq Platf LLC. 2021;
- Patient physiological status at the emergency department-ward interface and emergency calls for clinical deterioration during early hospital admission.J Adv Nurs. 2016; 72: 1287-1300
- Abnormal vital signs are strong predictors for intensive care unit admission and in-hospital mortality in adults triaged in the emergency department – a prospective cohort study.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2012; 20: 28
- Systems for recognition and response to deteriorating emergency department patients: a scoping review.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2021; 29: 69
- Unreported clinical deterioration in emergency department patients: a point prevalence study.Australas Emerg Nurs J. 2015; 18 (9p.): 33-41
NSW Emergency Care Institute (ECI). ECI incident advisory committee 2015 report to clinical risk action group NSW agency for clinical innovation; 2015.
- Longer time to transfer from the emergency department after bed request is associated with worse outcomes.Emerg Med Austral. 2019; 31: 211-215
- Emergency department crowding and mortality for patients presenting to emergency departments in New Zealand.Emerg Med Australas. 2021; 33: 655-664
- Access block in Australian emergency departments 2017-2020.Emerg Med Austral. 2021;
Jacobs A. ‘Nursing Is in Crisis’: Staff Shortages Put Patients at Risk. The New York Times. 2022.
- Covid-19: NHS trusts declare “critical incidents” because of staff shortages.BMJ. 2022; 376: o3
NSW Clinical Excellence Commission. Recognition and Management of Patients who are clinically deteriorating: NSW Health; 2020 [PD2020_018:[Available from: 〈https://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/ActivePDSDocuments/PD2013_049.pdf〉.
- Systems for recognition and response to deteriorating emergency department patients: a scoping review academic emergency medicine.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2021; 29: 69
- Systems for recognition and response to deteriorating emergency department patients: a scoping review.Scand J Trauma, Resusc Emerg Med. 2021; 29: 69
- Attitudes of emergency department physicians and nurses toward implementation of an early warning score to identify critically ill patients: qualitative explanations for failed implementation.CJEM: Can. J Emerg Med. 2019; 21: 269-273
- Systems for recognition and response to clinical deterioration in Victorian emergency departments.Australas Emerg Care. 2018; 21: 3-7
- Current use of early warning scores in UK emergency departments.Emerg Med J. 2012; 29: 65-66
- Translation of evidence into policy to improve clinical practice: the development of an emergency department rapid response system.Austral Emerg Care. 2020;
- Implementation evaluation of a rapid response system in a regional emergency department: a dual-methods study using the behaviour change wheel.Aust Crit Care. 2022;
- Strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.BMJ. 2007; 335: 806-808
- Updating and validating the Charlson comorbidity index and score for risk adjustment in hospital discharge abstracts using data from 6 countries.Am J Epidemiol. 2011; 173: 676-682
- Application of a human factors classification framework for patient safety to identify precursor and contributing factors to adverse clinical incidents in hospital.Appl Ergon. 2016; 52: 185-195
- IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 28.0.IBM Corp, Armonk, NY2021
- The use of rapid response teams to reduce failure to rescue events: a systematic review.J Patient Saf. 2020; 16
- Emergency department care-related causal factors of in-patient deterioration.Aust Health Rev: a Publ Aust Hosp Assoc. 2022; 46: 35-41
- How long do nursing staff take to measure and record patients’ vital signs observations in hospital? A time-and-motion study.Int J Nurs Stud. 2021; 118103921
- Data entry automation improves cost, quality, performance, and job satisfaction in a hospital nursing unit.J Nurs Adm. 2020; 50: 34-39
- A qualitative analysis evaluating the purposes and practices of clinical documentation.Appl Clin Inf. 2014; 5: 153-168
- The role of documents and documentation in communication failure across the perioperative pathway. A literature review.Int J Nurs Stud. 2011; 48: 1024-1038
- The impact of information culture on patient safety outcomes.Methods Inf Med. 2017; 56: e30-e38
- Electronic nursing documentation interventions to promote or improve patient safety and quality care: a systematic review.J Nurs Manag. 2019; 27: 491-501
- Paper-based versus computer-based records in the emergency department: staff preferences, expectations, and concerns.Health Inform J. 2009; 15: 199-211