Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). Emergency department care 2015–16: Australian hospital statistics. Canberra: AIHW; 2016.
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). Emergency department care 2019–20: Australian hospital statistics. Canberra: AIHW; 2020.
- Frailty in older women.Maturitas. 2011; 69: 203-207
- Frailty, thy name is….Emerg Med Aust. 2017; 29: 712-716
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment in the Emergency Department.Clin Inter Aging. 2014; 9: 2033-2043
- Using the clinical frailty scale in allocating scarce health care resources.Can Geriatr J. 2020; 23: 210-215
- RE-AIM planning and evaluation framework: adapting to new science and practice with a 20-year review.Front Public Health. 2019; 7: 1-9
- Evaluating the public health impact of health promotion interventions: the RE-AIM framework.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 1322-1327
- The Asia-Pacific Clinical Practice Guidelines for the management of frailty.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017; 18: 564-575
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP). RACGP aged care clinical guide (Silver Book) [Internet]; 2019. Available from: 〈https://www.racgp.org.au/clinical-resources/clinical-guidelines/key-racgp-guidelines/view-all-racgp-guidelines/silver-book/part-a/frailty〉.
Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (ACEM). Care of older persons in the Emergency Department [Internet]; 2020. Available from: 〈https://acem.org.au/getmedia/bfd84f83-fcb2–492a-9e66–47b7896e5c70/Policy_on_the_Care_of_Older_Persons_in_the_ED〉.
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Identifying older people at high risk of future falls: development and validation of a screening tool for use in Emergency Departments.EMJ. 2013; 30: 918-922
- Use of the Functional Independence Measure for outcomes measurement in acute inpatient rehabilitation.Rehab Nurs. 2011; 36: 111-117
- Characteristics and comparisons of functional assessment indices: disability rating scale, functional independence measure, and functional assessment measure.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 1993; 8: 60-74
- Older adults' perceptions and informational needs regarding frailty.BMC Geriatr. 2018; 18: 46
- Understanding frailty: a qualitative study of European healthcare policy-makers’ approaches to frailty screening and management.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e018653
- Emergency Department interventions for frailty (EDIFY): improving functional outcomes in older persons at the emergency department through a multicomponent frailty intervention.Age Ageing. 2022; 51
- Return to the emergency department among elders: patterns and predictors.Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7: 249-259
- Unscheduled-return-visits after an emergency department (ED) attendance and clinical link between both visits in patients aged 75 years and over: a prospective observational study.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0123803
- Occupational therapy in the Emergency Department: patient frailty and unscheduled return visits.Can J Occup Ther. 2021; 88: 395-406
- 'Thinking you're old and frail': a qualitative study of frailty in older adults.Ageing Soc. 2016; 36: 1483-1500
- Experiences with and attitudes towards geriatric screening among older emergency department patients: a qualitative study.BMC Geriatr. 2021; 21: 1-10
- The opinions of Turkish older adults related to frailty: a qualitative study.Orthop Nurs. 2021; 40: 375-382
- Resilience, not frailty: a qualitative study of the perceptions of older adults towards “frailty”.Int J Older People Nurs. 2019; 14e12261
- Older women and ‘frailty’ aged, gendered and embodied resistance.Curr Sociol. 2007; 55: 211-228
- The meaning of frailty according to Dutch older frail and non-frail persons.J Aging Stud. 2009; 23: 258-266
- Perspectives of older adults, caregivers, and healthcare providers on frailty screening: a qualitative study.BMC Geriatr. 2020; 20: 1-12
- Stakeholders’ views and experiences of care and interventions for addressing frailty and pre-frailty: a meta-synthesis of qualitative evidence.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0180127
- The frailty identity crisis.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009; 57: 348-352
- Older patients' perspectives on factors contributing to frequent visits to the Emergency Department: a qualitative interview study.BMC Public Health. 2021; 21: 1-10
- Experiences of elderly patients regarding participation in their hospital discharge: a qualitative metasummary.BMJ Open. 2019; 9e025789