Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
- A survey method for characterising daily life experience: the day reconstruction method.Science. 2004; 306: 1776-1780
- Sense of belonging: a vital mental health concept.Arch Psychiatr Nurs. 1992; 6: 172-177
- Coping planning: a patient-centred and strengths-focused approach to suicide prevention training.Australas Psychiatry. 2018; 26: 141-144
- Suicide following hospitalisation: systemic treatment failure needs to be the focus rather than risk factors.Lancet Psychiatry. 2020; 7: 303
- Sense of belonging and indicators of social and psychological functioning.Arch Psychiatr Nurs. 1996; 4: 235-244
- Social integration and subjective wellbeing.Appl Econ. 2019; 51: 1748-1761
- Meaning in life: one link in the chain from religiousness to wellbeing.J Couns Psychol. 2005; 52: 574-582
- Hsu Y-C. Coping, COVID knowledge, communication, and HBCU student's emotional wellbeing: mediating role of perceived control and social connectedness.J Community Psychol. 2022; 50: 2703-2725
- The effects of sense of belonging, social support, conflict, and loneliness on depression.Nurs Res. 1999; 48: 215-219
- The role of sense of belonging and social support on stress and depression in individuals with depression.Arch Psychiatr Nurs. 2005; 19: 18-29
- Sense of belonging and suicide: a systematic review.Can J Psychiatry. 2013; 58: 432-436
- Health theory of coping.Aust Psychol. 2020; 55: 295-306
- Modelling the relationship between healthy and unhealthy coping strategies to understand overwhelming distress: a Bayesian network approach.J Affect Disord Rep. 2021; 3100054
- Stress, social support, and the buffering hypothesis.Psychol Bull. 1985; 98: 310-357
- Staff-student relationships and their impact on nursing students' belongingness and learning.J Adv Nurs. 2009; 65: 316-324
- The mediating role of belongingness in the relationship between workplace incivility and thriving.Int J Employ Stud. 2013; 21: 63
- Targeted workplace incivility: the roles of belongingness, embarrassment, and power.J Organ Behav. 2017; 38 (1057-75)
- Incivility of coworker behaviors and minority firefighters' belongingness in the workplace. Counselling and human services.Ariz: Old Dom Univ. 2021;
- A confirmatory study of the relations between workplace sexism, sense of belonging, mental health, and job satisfaction among women in male-dominated industries.J Appl Soc Psychol. 2019; 49: 267-282
- An exploratory study of the relations between women miners' gender-based workplace issues and their mental health and job satisfaction.J Appl Soc Psychol. 2017; 47: 400-411
- Problematic Interpersonal Relationships at Work and Depression: a Swedish Prospective Cohort Study.J Occup Health. 2009; 51: 144-151
- The association of social support at work and in private life with mental health and antidepressant use: the Health 2000 Study.J Affect Disord. 2009; 115: 36-45
- General belongingness, Workplace belongingness, and depressive symptoms.J Community Appl Soc Psychol. 2013; 23: 240-251
- The role of inclusive work environment practices in promoting LGBT employee job satisfaction and commitment.Public Money Manag. 2020; 40: 426-436
- Meaningful work and wellbeing: a study of the positive side of veterinary work.Vet Rec. 2019; 185: 571
- The relation between work-related psychosocial factors and the development of depression.Epidemiol Rev. 2008; 30: 118-132
- Friends with performance benefits: a meta-analysis on the relationship between friendship and group performance.. 2018; 44: 63-79
- Friends with performance benefits: a meta-analysis on the relationship between friendship and group performance.Personal Soc Psychol Bull. 2018; 44: 63-79
- Ambulance officers: the impact of exposure to occupational violence on mental and physical health.J Occup Health Saf Aust NZ. 2009; 25: 37-49
- Violence against ambulance personnel: a retrospective cohort study of national data from Safe Work Australia.Public Health Res Pract. 2018; 28e28011805
- Situation critical: high demand, low control, and low support in paramedic organizations.Traumatology. 2007; 13: 49-58
- Occupational stressors and its organisational and individual correlates: a nationwide study of Norwegian ambulance personnel.BMC Emerg Med. 2008; 8: 1-11
- The Job Demand-Control (-Support) Model and psychological wellbeing: A review of 20 years of empirical research.Work Stress. 1999; 13: 87-114
- Workplace belongingness, distress, and resilience in emergency service workers.Psychol Trauma. 2016;
- Occupational injury risk among Australian paramedics: an analysis of national data.Med J Aust. 2014; 200: 477-480
- Suicidal ideation and suicide attempts in a nationwide sample of operational Norwegian ambulance personnel.J Occup Heal. 2008; 50: 406-414
Stallman H.M. Sense of Belonging Scale. Birtinya, Qld: University of the Sunshine Coast; 2020.
Psychiatric Research Unit Frederiksborg General Hospital. WHO (Five) Wellbeing Index 1998.
- Coping Self-Efficacy Index.University of South Australia, Adelaide2019
Stallman H.M. Coping Index. University of South Australia, Adelaide; 2017.
- Screening for serious mental illness in the general population.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003; 60: 184-189
Stallman H.M. Healthy Identity Scale. Birtinya: University of the Sunshine Coast; 2020.
- Beyond linear mediation: toward a dynamic network approach to study treatment processes.Clin Psychol Rev. 2020; 76101824
- Network analysis: an integrative approach to the structure of psychopathology.Annu Rev Clin Psychol. 2013; 9: 91-121
- State of the aRt personality research: a tutorial on network analysis of personality data in R.J Res Personal. 2015; 54: 13-29
- Sparse inverse covariance estimation with the graphical lasso.Biostatistics. 2008; 9: 432-441
- Extended Bayesian information criteria for Gaussian graphical models. Advances in neural information processing systems.in: Lafferty J. Williams C. Shawe-Taylor J. Zemel R.S. Culott A. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems: NIPS. 2010: 604-612
- A network approach to psychosis: Pathways between childhood trauma and psychotic symptoms.Schizophr Bull. 2017; 43: 187-196
- Network analysis of depression and anxiety symptom relationships in a psychiatric sample.Psychol Med. 2016; 46: 3359-3369
- Network analysis: a brief overview and tutorial.Health Psychol Behav Med. 2018; 6: 301-328
- Estimating psychological networks and their accuracy: a tutorial paper.Behav Res Methods. 2018; 50: 195-212
- The impact of personality and workplace belongingness on mental health workers' professional Quality of Life.Aust Psychol. 2017; 52: 52-60
- Daily stress and concept of self in Swedish ambulance personnel. Prehospital Disaster.Medicine. 2004; 19: 226-234
- Exposure to human tragedy, empathy, and trauma in ambulance paramedics.Am J Orthopsychiatry. 2002; 72: 505-513
- The strategies used to deal with emotion work in student paramedic practice.Nurse Educ Pract. 2013; 13: 207-212
- A study of emotion work in student paramedic practice.Nurse Educ Today. 2013; 33: 512-517
- Occupational stress, paramedic informal coping strategies: a review of the literature.J Paramed Pract. 2012; 5: 318-328
Beyond Blue Ltd. Answering the call national survey, National Mental Health and Wellbeing Study of Police and Emergency Services – Final report. 2018.
Department of Health. (2019). Factsheet - Allied Health - Paramedic. Canberra: Australian Government Retrieved from https://hwd.health.gov.au/resources/publications/factsheet-alld-paramedical-2019.pdf.