Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Aligning ambulance dispatch priority to patient acuity: a methodology.Emerg Med Austral. 2019; 31: 405-410https://doi.org/10.1111/1742-6723.13181
- The accuracy of medical dispatch - a systematic review.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2018; 26: 94-94https://doi.org/10.1186/s13049-018-0528-8
- A novel approach for managing the growing demand for ambulance services by low-acuity patients.Aust Health Rev. 2016; 40: 378-384https://doi.org/10.1071/ah15134
- EMD position paper resource document.Ann Emerg Dispatch Response. 2014; 2
- Association between ambulance dispatch priority and patient condition.Emerg Med Austral. 2016; 28: 716-724
- ‘Is the patient completely alert?’ – accuracy of emergency medical dispatcher determination of patient conscious state.Australas J Paramed. 2021; : 18https://doi.org/10.33151/ajp.18.858
- Comparison of the medical priority dispatch system to an out-of-hospital patient acuity score.Acad Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 954-960https://doi.org/10.1197/j.aem.2006.04.018
- Which emergency medical dispatch codes predict high prehospital nontransport rates in an urban community.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2014; 18: 28-34https://doi.org/10.3109/10903127.2013.825349
- Medical priority dispatch codes—comparison with National Early Warning Score.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016; 24: 142https://doi.org/10.1186/s13049-016-0336-y
- Do emergency medical services dispatch nature and severity codes agree with paramedic field findings?.Acad Emerg Med. 2000; 7: 174-180
- Does emergency medical dispatch priority predict delphi process-derived levels of prehospital intervention?.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2010; 25: 309-317
- The ability of emergency medical dispatch codes of medical complaints to predict ALS prehospital interventions.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2007; 11: 192-198https://doi.org/10.1080/10903120701205984
- Triage assessments and the activation of rapid care protocols for acute stroke patients.Australas Emerg Nurs J. 2013; 16: 4-9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aenj.2012.12.002
American College of Surgeons, Committee on Trauma. Advanced Trauma Life Support: Student Course Manual. Chicago, IL; 2018.
- Diabetic emergencies - ketoacidosis, hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar state and hypoglycaemia.Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2016; 12: 222-232https://doi.org/10.1038/nrendo.2016.15
- Comparison of consciousness level assessment in the poisoned patient using the alert/verbal/painful/unresponsive scale and the Glasgow Coma Scale.Ann Emerg Med. 2004; 44: 108-113
Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. Emergency Triage Education Kit. Canberra, Australia: Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing; 2009 [cited 7 May 2022]. Available from: 〈https://acem.org.au/getmedia/c9ba86b7-c2ba-4701–9b4f-86a12ab91152/Triage-Education-Kit.aspx〉.
Advanced Life Support Group. Manchester Triage [Internet]. 2017 [cited 7 May 2022]. Available from: 〈https://www.triagenet.net/〉.
International Academy of Emergency Medical Dispatch. Medical Priority Dispatch System QA Guide v13. Salt Lake City: Priority Dispatch Corporation; 2016.
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017–18 Canberra:2019.
- Simple bedside assessment of level of consciousness: comparison of two simple assessment scales with the Glasgow Coma scale.Anaesthesia. 2004; 59: 34-37https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2044.2004.03526.x
- Assessment of coma and impaired consciousness. A practical scale.Lancet. 1974; 2: 81-84
- ROC and AUC with a binary predictor: a potentially misleading metric.J Classif. 2020; 37: 696-708https://doi.org/10.1007/s00357-019-09345-1
Royal College of Physicians. National Early Warning Score (NEWS) 2; 2017. Available from: 〈https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/file/8636/download〉.
- Tracking the national early warning score 2 from prehospital care to the emergency department: a prospective, ambulance-based, observational study.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2021; : 1-9https://doi.org/10.1080/10903127.2021.2011995
- Drivers of increasing emergency ambulance demand.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2020; 24: 385https://doi.org/10.1080/10903127.2019.1635670
Tasmanian Government Department of Health. Secondary Triage [Internet]. 2021 [cited 20 Feb 2022]. Available from: 〈https://www.health.tas.gov.au/hospitals/ambulance/ambulance-services-tasmanians/secondary-triage〉.
SA Ambulance Service. Clinical Telephone Assessment [Internet]. 2021 [cited 20 Feb 2022]. Available from: 〈https://saambulance.sa.gov.au/what-we-do/clinical-telephone-assessment/〉.
St John New Zealand. How we deal with non-urgent 111 calls [Internet]. 2021 [cited 20 Feb 2022]. Available from: 〈https://stjohn.org.nz/what-we-do/st-john-ambulance-services/clinical-hub-auckland/〉.
Global Resuscitation Alliance. Telephone CPR (T-CPR) Program Recommendations and Performance Measures [Internet]. 2019. Available from: 〈https://www.globalresuscitationalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/AHA_TCPR.pdf〉.