Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
- Predictors of survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2010; 3: 63-81
Martinell L., Nielsen N., Herlitz J., Karlsson T., Horn J., Wise M.P., Undén J., Rylander C., Anestesiologi och i, Lund U, Kansli för kliniska vetenskaper L, Department Office of Clinical Sciences L, Lunds u, Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care M. Early predictors of poor outcome after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Critical Care, 21; 2017.
- Long-term clinical outcomes and predictors for survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Resuscitation. 2017; 112: 59-64
- Prehospital determinants of successful resuscitation after traumatic and non-traumatic out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Emerg Med J. 2019; 36: 333-339
- Out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in Switzerland: Predictors for emergency department mortality in patients with ROSC or on-going CPR on admission to the emergency department.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0188180
- Predictors for outcome among cardiac arrest patients: the importance of initial cardiac arrest rhythm versus time to return of spontaneous circulation, a retrospective cohort study.BMC Emerg. 2015; 15: 3
- Pre-hospital outcomes of adult out-of-hospital cardiac arrest of presumed cardiac aetiology in Queensland, Australia (2002–2014): trends over time.Emerg Med Australas. 2019; 31: 813-820
- Early advanced life support attendance is associated with improved survival and neurologic outcomes after non-traumatic out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in a tiered prehospital response system.Resuscitation. 2019; 135: 137-144
- Outcomes from out of hospital cardiac arrest in the Wellington region of New Zealand. Does use of the Fire Service Make a difference?.NZMJ. 2011; 124
- Surviving out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: the important role of bystander interventions.Austral Emerg Care. 2020; 23: 47-54https://doi.org/10.1016/j.auec.2019.12.003
- Long-term survival following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.Heart (Br Card Soc). 2017; 103: 1104-1110https://doi.org/10.1136/heartjnl-2016-310485
- Epidemiology of pre-hospital outcomes of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Queensland, Australia.Emerg Med Australas. 2019; 31: 821-829
- Long-term outcomes of adult out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Queensland, Australia (2002-2014): incidence and temporal trends.Heart. 2021; 107 (Epub 2020 Nov 20): 1310-1319https://doi.org/10.1136/heartjnl-2020-317333
About Queensland. Available: https://www. qld. gov. au/ about/ about- queensland/statistics- facts [Accessed 31 Aug 2019].
SCRGSP (Steering Committee for the Review of Government Service Provision). Report on Government Services 2020. In: Productivity Commission, editor. Canberra2020.
Queensland Ambulance Service. Queensland Ambulance Service Strategy 2016-2021. (Report No. 307QAS). Queensland ambulance Service, Queensland Health.
- Insights into the epidemiology of cardiopulmonary resuscitation‐induced consciousness in out‐of hospital cardiac arrest.Emerg Med Austral. 2020; 32: 769-776
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA). Canberra. Australian Government; 2011. At 〈http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Lookup/2033.0.55.001Main+Features12011?OpenDocument〉 (Accessed 1 May 2018).
Geographic Information Systems. ARIA and accessibility. South Australia. At 〈https://www.adelaide.edu.au/hugo-centre/spatial_data/aria/〉 (Accessed 1 May 2018).
Queensland Government Statisticians Office. Accessibility/Remoteness Index of Australia. At 〈http://www.qgso.qld.gov.au/about-statistics/statistical-standards/national/aria.php〉 (Accessed 1 May 2018).
- Using Multivariate Statistics. 3rd ed. Harper Collins, New York1996
- Amiodarone, lidocaine, or placebo in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1711-1722
- Emergency intubation for acutely ill and injured patients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; : CD001429
- European resuscitation council guidelines for resuscitation 2015: section 3. Adult advanced life support.Resuscitation. 2015; 95: 100-147
- Effect of a strategy of initial laryngeal tube insertion vs endotracheal intubation on 72-hour survival in adults with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2018; 320: 769
- Effect of a strategy of a supraglottic airway device vs tracheal intubation during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest on functional outcome: The AIRWAYS-2 randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2018; 320: 779
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation quality: improving cardiac resuscitation outcomes both inside and outside the hospital: a consensus statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2013; 128: 417-435
- Outcomes after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest treated by basic vs advanced life support.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 196-204
- Outcomes after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest treated by basic vs advanced life support.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1421
- Impact of advanced cardiac life support-skilled paramedics on survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in a statewide emergency medical service.Emerg Med J. 2007; 24: 134-138
- Effects of team coordination during cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a systematic review of the literature.J Crit Care. 2013; 28: 504-521
- Importance of leadership in cardiac arrest situations: from simulation to real life and back.Swiss Med Wkly. 2013; 143: w13774
- A specialist, second-tier response to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: setting up TOPCAT2.Emerg Med J. 2013;
- Implementation of pit crew approach and cardiopulmonary resuscitation metrics for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest improves patient survival and neurological outcome.J Am Heart Assoc. 2016; 5: 11
- Comparison of team-focused CPR vs standard CPR in resuscitation from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: results from a statewide quality improvement initiative.Resuscitation. 2016; 105: 165-172
- Strategies to improve outcomes from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest - Part A. pharmaceutical strategies.Australas J Paramed. 2019; : 16https://doi.org/10.33151/ajp.16.752
- Strategies to improve out-of-hospital cardiac arrest outcomes in the pre-hospital environment - Part B (Non-pharmaceutical strategies).Australas J Paramed. 2019; : 16https://doi.org/10.33151/ajp.16.753
Australia's Health; 2016. At 〈https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/australias-health/australias-health-2016/contents/summary〉 (Accessed 11th November 2017).
- Out‐of‐hospital cardiac arrest in Victoria: rural and urban outcomes.Med J Aust. 2006; 185: 135-139
Queensland Ambulance Service. Survival Trends Out of Hospital cardiac Arrest in Queensland 2000-2016.
- Akademin för vård aov and Högskolan i B. Survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest is associated with area-level socioeconomic status.Heart. 2019; 105: 632
- A disparity in outcomes of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest by community socioeconomic status: a ten-year observational study.Resuscitation. 2018; 126: 130-136
- A randomized trial of epinephrine in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 711-721
Queensland Ambulance Service - Clinical Practice Guideline Resuscitation/Resusitation - Adult. Available from URL: 〈https://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/docs/clinical/cpg/CPG_Resuscitation_Adult.pdf〉 (Accessed 18th Aug 2018).
- Part 1: executive summary: 2010 international consensus on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care science with treatment recommendations.Resuscitation. 2010; 81: e1-e25
Queensland Ambulance Service. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest - strategies to improve outcomes; 2015.