Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
- Descriptive analysis of mental health-related presentations to emergency medical services.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2018; 22: 399-405https://doi.org/10.1080/10903127.2017.1399181
- Occupational stress, paramedic informal coping strategies: a review of the literature.J Paramed Pr. 2012; 4: 318-328https://doi.org/10.12968/jpar.2012.4.6.318
- Exploring the developmental need for a paramedic pathway to mental health.J Paramed Pr. 2013; 5: 264-270https://doi.org/10.12968/jpar.2013.5.5.264
- Mental health training for Australian undergraduate paramedic science students: a review.J Ment Health Train, Educ Pract. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1108/JMHTEP-06-2020-0034
Headspace, Students NUo. National tertiary student wellbeing survey 2016; 2017.
Orygen TNCoEiYMH. Under the radar. The mental health of Australian university students. Melbourne; 2017.
- Mental health literacy in higher education students. Early Intervention in Psychiatry.. 2012; 6: 45-52https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1751-7893.2011.00314.x
- Mental health: Under a cloud.Nature. 2012; 490: 299-301https://doi.org/10.1038/nj7419-299a
- Group interventions to promote mental health in health professional education: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.Adv Health Sci Educ. 2018; 23: 413-447https://doi.org/10.1007/s10459-017-9770-5
Clegg L. Does mental health literacy influence confidence and attitudes of paramedics when managing patients with mental illness and suicidal ideations?: University of Tasmania; 2019.
- Australian paramedic students’ mental health literacy and attitudes towards mental health.J Ment Health Train, Educ Pract. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1108/JMHTEP-03-2021-0027
- Student paramedic anticipation, confidence and fears: Do undergraduate courses prepare student paramedics for the mental health challenges of the profession.J Australas J Paramed. 2017; 14https://doi.org/10.33151/ajp.14.4.545
- Mental health education in Australian paramedic curricula – A scoping review.Australas J Paramed. 2020; 17https://doi.org/10.33151/ajp.17.791
- Educating paramedics for the future: a holistic approach.J Health Hum Serv Adm. 2017; 40: 219-253
Mental Health First Aid. 2022 [cited 2022 04/03/2022]. Available from: 〈+〉.
- Noting a Landmark Achievement: Mental Health First Aid Training Reaches 1% of Australian Adults.Aus New Zeal J Psychiatry. 2011; 45: 808-813https://doi.org/10.3109/00048674.2011.594785
- The role of Mental Health First Aid training in nursing education: A response to Happell, Wilson & McNamara.Collegian. 2015; 24: 313-315https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2016.06.002
- Mental health first aid training for Australian medical and nursing students: an evaluation study.BMC Psychol. 2015; 3: 11https://doi.org/10.1186/s40359-015-0069-0
- Nursing students’ experiences of mental health first aid training: A qualitative descriptive study.Collegian. 2019; 26: 534-540https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2019.02.006
- ‘It's the simple things you do first that start the process of help’: Undergraduate nursing and midwifery students’ experiences of the Mental Health First Aid course.Collegian. 2017; 24: 275-280https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2016.04.004
- Effectiveness of the Mental Health First Aid programme for general nursing students in Hong Kong: A randomised controlled trial.Collegian. 2021; 28 (106-13)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2020.04.006
- What’s wrong with John? a randomised controlled trial of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training with nursing students.BMC Psychiatry. 2017; 17: 111https://doi.org/10.1186/s12888-017-1278-2
- Mental Health First Aid training and assessment among university students: A systematic review.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2020; 60: e81-e95https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2019.12.017
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual Res Psychol. 2006; 3: 77https://doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
- Recognition of depression and psychosis by young Australians and their beliefs about treatment.Med J Aust. 2005; 183: 18-23https://doi.org/10.5694/j.1326-5377.2005.tb06881.x
- Mental health literacy: empowering the community to take action for better mental health.J Am Psychol. 2012; 67: 231https://doi.org/10.1037/a0025957
- Student engagement in the educational interface: understanding the mechanisms of student success.High Educ Res Dev. 2018; 37: 58-71https://doi.org/10.1080/07294360.2017.1344197
- ‘Hardworking, determined and happy’: first-year students’ understanding and experience of success. Higher Education Research & Development.. 2018; 37 (1260-73)https://doi.org/10.1080/07294360.2018.1478803
- Graduating nurses' self-efficacy in palliative care practice: An exploratory study.Nurse Educ Today. 2016; 39: 141-146https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2016.01.005
Orygen. Australian University Mental Health Framework. Melbourne: Orygen; 2020.
- Australian university students and mental health: Viewpoints from the literature.Int J Innov Creat Change. 2017;
- Mental health help-seeking behaviours in young adults.Br J Gen Pract. 2017; 67: 8-9https://doi.org/10.3399/bjgp17×688453
- Emotional labour in paramedic practice: student awareness of professional demands.J Paramed Pract. 2017; 9: 288-294https://doi.org/10.12968/jpar.2017.9.7.288
- A study of emotion work in student paramedic practice.Nurse Educ Today. 2013; 33: 512-517https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2012.03.003
- Learning style preferences of undergraduate paramedic students: A pilot study.J Nurs Educ Pr. 2013; 3https://doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v3n1p51
- Experiential education enhancing paramedic perspective and interpersonal communication with older patients: a controlled study.BMC Med Educ. 2018; 18: 239https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-018-1341-9
- Undergraduate mental health nursing education in Australia: More than Mental Health First Aid.Collegian. 2015; 22: 433-438https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2014.07.003