Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
- Bereavement debriefing sessions: an intervention to support health care professionals in managing their grief after the death of a patient continuing nursing education.Paediatr Nurs. 2010; 36: 185-189
- Emergency medicine and palliative care.Clin Geriatr Med. 2015; 31: 295-303
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. ED Care 2017-18: Australian hospital statistics’, in Health Services Series no. 89. Cat. no. HSE 216.Canberra: AIHW. 2018 [Available from: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hospitals/emergency-department-care-2017–18/summary.
- Palliative care in the emergency department.Crit Care Nurs. 2015; 27: 355-368
- Am I doing the right thing? Provider perspectives on improving palliative care in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 54: 86-93
- Initiating palliative care in the emergency department.J Emerg Med. 2012; 43: 803-810
- The role of hospital nurses in shared decision‐making about life‐prolonging treatment: a qualitative interview study.J Adv Nurs. 2021; 77 (296-30)
Word Health Organisation. Palliative Care: Key facts. 2020 [Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/palliative-care.
National Health and Medical Research Council. An ethical framework for integrating palliative care principles into the management of advanced chronic or terminal conditions, NHMRC Commonw Aust. 2011 [Available from: https://pallcarevic.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Ethical-Framework-for-Integrating-Palliative-Care-Principles-.pdf.
- What are the challenges for nurses when providing end-of-life care in intensive care units?.Br J Nurs. 2019; 28: 1047-1052
- Emergency nurses' perceptions of obstacles and supportive behaviors in end-of-life care.J Emerg Nurs. 2006; 32: 477-485
- Emergency nurses’ perceptions of size, frequency, and magnitude of obstacles and supportive behaviors in end-of-life care.J Emerg Nurs. 2008; 34: 290-300
- Does palliative care have a future in the emergency department? Discussions with attending emergency physicians.J Pain Symptom Manag. 2012; 43: 1-9
- Do patients die well in your emergency department?.Emerg Med Austral. 2013; 25: 334-339
- The experiences of emergency nurses in providing end-of-life care to patients in the emergency department.Austral Emerg Nurs J. 2015; 18: 68-74
- Nursing research: generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice. 8th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Sydney2008
Gadamer H. Truth and method, 2nd Revised ed. Weinsheimer J, Marshall D. Trans. London, New York: Continuum (first published in Germany in 1960); 2004.
- The NLN criteria for appraisal of baccalaureate programs: a critical hermeneutic analysis.National League for Nursing, New York1989
- Spiritual perspectives of emergency medicine doctors and nurses in caring for end-of-life patients: a mixed-method study.Int Emerg Nurs. 2018; 37: 13-22
- End-of-life decision making and emotional burden: placing family meetings in context.Am J Hosp Palliat Med. 2009; 26: 376-383
- What is a good death? Health care professionals’ narrations on end-of-life care.Death Stud. 2014; 38: 20-27
- Exploring the management of death: emergency nurses’ perceptions of challenges and facilitators in the provision of end-of-life care in the emergency department.J Emerg Nurs. 2015; 41: e23-e33
- Reflecting on one's own death: the existential questions that nurses face during end-of-life care.Palliat Support Care. 2017; 15: 158-167
- End-of-life care in the intensive care setting: a descriptive exploratory qualitative study of nurses’ beliefs and practices.Aust Crit Care. 2012; 25: 4-12
- Oncology nurses’ perceptions of obstacles and role at the end-of-life care: cross sectional survey.BMC Palliate Care. 2017; 16: 1-8
- Registered nurses’ ' provision of end-of-life care to hospitalised adults: a mixed studies review.Nurse Educ Today. 2018; 71: 60-74
- Changes in intensive care unit nurse involvement in end of life decision making between 1999 and 2016: descriptive comparative study.Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2022; 1103138
- Nursing roles and strategies in end-of-life decision making concerning elderly immigrants admitted to acute care hospitals: an Australian study.J Transcult Nurs. 2016; 27: 471-479
- Exploring health care providers’ views about initiating end-of-life care communication.Am J Hosp Palliat Med. 2017; 34: 308-317
- Improving end-of-life care prognostic discussions: role of advanced practice nurses.AACN Adv Crit Care. 2015; 26: 151-166
- Barriers to communication regarding end-of-life care: perspectives of care providers.J Crit Care. 2005; 20: 214-223
- Critical care nurses’ experiences of end-of-life care: a qualitative study.J Nurs. 2020; 10: 260-274
- The differing perspectives of doctors and nurses in end-of-life decisions in the intensive care unit: a qualitative study.Aust Crit Care. 2020; 33: 311-316
- A balancing act: experiences of nurses and physicians when making end-of-life decisions in intensive care units.Clin Nurs Res. 2015; 24: 357-374