Abbreviations:AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency), BBA (Birth before arrival), CPD (Continuing professional development), CPG (Clinical practice guideline), CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation), EMS (Emergency medical service), MGT (Modified grounded theory), OOHB (Out of hospital birth), PPH (Postpartum haemorrhage), VR (Virtual reality), WA (Western Australia)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
- Is unplanned out-of-hospital birth managed by paramedics ‘infrequent’,‘normal’and ‘uncomplicated’?.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017; 17: 436
- Epidemiology of unplanned out-of-hospital births attended by paramedics.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2018; 18: 1-9
- Women’s experience of unplanned out-of-hospital birth in paramedic care.BMC Emerg Med. 2020; 19: 1-7https://doi.org/10.1186/s12873-019-0267-9
- Specialist ambulance nurses’ experiences of births before arrival.Int Emerg Nurs. 2019; 43: 45-49
- Emergency medical technicians’ experiences with unplanned births outside institutions: a qualitative interview study.Nurs Open. 2019; 6: 1542-1550
- Global changes in maternity care provision during the COVID-19 pandemic: a systematic review and meta-analysis.EClinicalMedicine. 2021; 37100947
- An assessment of treatment, transport, and refusal incidence in a National EMS’s routine work during COVID-19.Am J Emerg Med. 2021; 44: 45-49
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Place of birth. 2020.
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual Res Psychol. 2006; 3: 77-101
- Shoulder dystocia: keep calm and maneuver on.Nurs Made Incred Easy. 2020; 18: 9-14
- Unplanned out-of-hospital birth and risk factors of adverse perinatal outcome: findings from a prospective cohort.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2019; 27: 26
- Are we right when we’re certain? Overconfidence in medicine.R I Med J. 2020; 103: 11-12
Australian Catholic University. Bachelor of Midwifery [Internet]. 2022. Available from: 〈https://www.acu.edu.au/course/bachelor-of-midwifery〉.
Infrastructure Australia. Mobile telecommunications coverage in regional and remote areas. [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2022 Feb 11]. Available from: 〈https://www.infrastructureaustralia.gov.au/map/mobile-telecommunications-coverage-regional-and-remote-areas〉.
- The decline of clinical skills: a challenge for medical schools.Int J Med Educ. 2018; 9: 195
- Birth plans: what matters for birth experience satisfaction.Birth. 2016; 43: 144-150
Halliwell D, Ryan L, Jones P. Pre Hospital use of Scenarios in Paramedic Education [Internet]. Available from: 〈http://cdn.laerdal.com/downloads/f2422/Prehospital_Simulation_Final_Version.pdf〉.
- Understanding skill decay and skill maintenance in first responders.Aust J Emerg Manag. 2021; 36: 44-49
- Born before arrival in NSW, Australia (2000–2011): a linked population data study of incidence, location, associated factors and maternal and neonatal outcomes.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e019328
- Exposure to daily trauma: the experiences and coping mechanism of Emergency Medical Personnel. A cross-sectional study.Afr J Emerg Med. 2015; 5: 12-18
- The relationship between shift-work, sleep, and mental health among paramedics in Australia.Sleep Heal. 2020; 6: 330-337
- Risk of psychological distress, pervasiveness of stigma and utilisation of support services: exploring paramedic perceptions.Austral J Paramed. 2020; : 17