Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Understanding and improving the health of people who experience incarceration: an overview and synthesis.Epidemiologic Rev. 2018; 40: 4-11https://doi.org/10.1093/epirev/mxx018
- The pivotal role of primary care in meeting the health needs of people recently released from prison.Austral Psych. 2015; 23: 650-653https://doi.org/10.1177/1039856215613008
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). The health of Australia’s prisoners 2018. Canberra, Australia: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 2019. Contract No.: Cat. no. PHE 246.
PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Offender Health Services Review Final Report. 2018.
- From knowledge to action: establishing an international network for justice health.J Correctional Health Care. 2011; 17: 183-186https://doi.org/10.1177/1078345810397317
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Prisoners in Australia, Queensland. Canberra Australia; 2009.
Davies M, Rolewicz L, Schlepper L and Fagunwa F. Locked out? Prisoners' use of hospital care. Nuffield Trust; 2020.
- Vulnerable prisoners: dementia and the impact on prisoners, staff and the correctional setting.Collegian. 2018; 25: 241-246https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2017.05.004
Ritacco KN. Healthcare in Prisons: Thesis, Northern Illinois University; 2019.
- Common emergency department presenting complaints of prisoners: a systematic review.EMA. 2019; 31: 183-192https://doi.org/10.1111/1742-6723.13161
- Prisoners seeking healthcare in emergency department.J Pakistan Med Assoc. 2020; : 1-15https://doi.org/10.47391/JPMA.1072
- Prevalence and correlates of low self-reported physical health status among prisoners in New South Wales, Australia.Int J Prisoner Health. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPH-06-2018-0039
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes of patient presentations to the emergency department via police: a scoping review.EMA. 2019; 31: 506-515https://doi.org/10.1111/1742-6723.13300
- Emergency department use in people who experience imprisonment in Ontario, Canada.Canad J Emerg Med. 2020; 22: 232-240https://doi.org/10.1017/cem.2019.401
Golembeski C, Irfan A, Williams B and Venters H. Covid-19 shows us that prison healthcare is in dire need of reform 2020 [Available from: https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2020/06/01/covid-19-shows-us-that-prison-healthcare-is-in-dire-need-of-reform/.
Queensland Correctional Services. Queensland Correctional Services Annual Report 2017–2018. Queensland: The State of Queensland; 2018.
Queensland Correctional Services. Queensland Correctional Services Annual Report 2018–2019. Queensland: The State of Queensland; 2019.
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). The health of Australia’s prisoners 2015. Canberra, Australia: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 2015. Contract No.: Cat. no. PHE 207.
- The costs of healthcare in prison and custody: systematic review of current estimates and proposed guidelines for future reporting.Frontiers Psychiatry. 2018; 9: 716https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2018.00716
- Making prison health care more efficient.BMJ. 2005; 331: 248-249https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.331.7511.248
- Cost of an integrated care program to reduce ED visits during diabetic prisoner court hearings.J Correctional Health Care. 2017; 23: 283-296https://doi.org/10.1177/1078345817709804
- Designing services for frequent attenders to the emergency department: a characterisation of this population to inform service design.Clinical Medicine. 2016; 16: 325https://doi.org/10.7861/clinmedicine.16-4-325
- Planning effective mental healthcare in prisons: findings from a national consultation on the Care Programme Approach in prisons.J Forensic Legal Med. 2021; 77102105https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jflm.2020.102105
- Adult frequent presentation to emergency departments and adverse childhood experiences: a scoping review.Aust Emer Care. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.auec.2020.11.002
- What is the prevalence of frequent attendance to emergency departments and what is the impact on emergency department utilisation? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Internal Emerg Med. 2020; : 1-14https://doi.org/10.1007/s11739-020-02403-2
- The nurse navigator: an evolving model of care.Collegian. 2017; 24: 205-212https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2016.01.002
- Exploring the nurse navigator role: a thematic analysis.J Nurs Manag. 2020; 28: 814-821https://doi.org/10.1111/jonm.12997
- An evaluation of the use of management care plans for people who frequently attend the emergency department.Aust Emer Care. 2019; 22: 229-235https://doi.org/10.1016/j.auec.2019.08.001
QLD_Government. Custodial offender snapshot – state-wide - Datasets | Open Data Portal | Queensland: Queensland Government; 2021 [Available from: https://www.data.qld.gov.au/dataset/custodial-offender-snapshot-statewide.
. QHealth. Emergency Data Dictionary for Queensland public hospital emergency departments v1.0: Queensland Health; 2018 [updated Last checked: 19/07/2021. v3.1:[Available from: https://qheps.health.qld.gov.au/caru/data/collections/edc.
- Time series regression studies in environmental epidemiology.Int J Epidemiol. 2013; 42: 1187-1195https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyt092
- How to do (or not to do) … Assessing the impact of a policy change with routine longitudinal data.Health Policy Plan. 2011; 27: 76-83https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czr004
- The effect of the late 2000s financial crisis on suicides in Spain: an interrupted time-series analysis.Europ J Public Health. 2013; 23: 732-736https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/ckt083
Team RC. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. 2013 [Available from: http://www.R-project.org/.
- Inmate health care provided in an emergency department.J Correctional Health Care. 2017; 23: 157-161https://doi.org/10.1177/1078345817699595