Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
- Ambulance personnel and critical incidents: impact of accident and emergency work on mental health and emotional well-being.Br J Psychiatry. 2001; 178: 76-81https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.178.1.76
- Paramedics’ experiences and coping strategies when encountering critical incidents.Qual Health Res. 2014; 24: 194-208https://doi.org/10.1177/1049732313519867
- Burnout and safety outcomes - a cross-sectional nationwide survey of EMS-workers in Germany.BMC Emerg Med. 2018; 18: 24https://doi.org/10.1186/s12873-018-0177-2
- An assessment of depression, anxiety, and stress among nationally certified EMS professionals.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2013; 17: 330-338https://doi.org/10.3109/10903127.2012.761307
Beyond Blue Ltd. (2018). Answering the call national survey, National Mental Health and Wellbeing Study of Police and Emergency Services - Final Report. Melbourne. Accessed online 1st Feb 2022 at 〈https://www.beyondblue.org.au/docs/default-source/resources/bl1898-pes-full-report_final.pdf〉.
- Influences on dietary choices during day versus night shift in shift workers: a mixed methods study.Nutrients. 2017; 9: 193https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9030193
- Ambulance clinical placements – a pilot study of students’ experience.BMC Med Educ. 2008; 8 (doi.org/): 1-6https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-8-19
- Mental health consequences of shift work: an updated review.Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2020; 22: 7https://doi.org/10.1007/s11920-020-1131-z
- Ambulance officers: the impact of exposure to occupational violence on mental and physical health.J Occup Health Saf Aust N. Z. 2009; 25: 37-49
- Exploring the nature of resilience in paramedic practice: a psycho-social study.Int Emerg Nurs. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ienj.2015.11.006
- A follow-up report of occupational stress in urban EMT-paramedics.Ann Emerg Med. 1989; 18: 1151-1156https://doi.org/10.1016/s0196-0644(89)80050-2
- Experiences in becoming a paramedic: the professional socialization of university qualified paramedics.Creat Educ. 2016; 7: 786-801https://doi.org/10.4236/ce.2016.76081
- Trauma exposure, posttraumatic stress disorder and the effect of explanatory variables in paramedic trainees.BMC Emerg Med. 2014; 14: 1-7https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-227X-14-11
- The times they’re a-changing: effects of circadian desynchronization on physiology and disease.J Physiol Paris. 2013; 107: 310-322https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphysparis.2013.03.007
- Current state of knowledge of post-traumatic stress, sleeping problems, obesity and cardiovascular disease in paramedics.Emerg Med J. 2014; 31: 242-247https://doi.org/10.1136/emermed-2012-201672
Holland, P., Vieceli, J., Thynne, L., & Tham, T. L. (2021). Findings from the survey on workplace climate and well-being of Victorian ambulance workers (Volume 2).
- Health behaviours in ambulance workers.J Paramed Pract. 2020; 12: 367-375https://doi.org/10.12968/jpar.2020.12.9.367
- Near misses and presenteeism among paramedics.Occup Med. 2019; 69: 593-597https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/kqz076
- Job-related evaluation of post-traumatic stress (JETS).Singapore Nurs J. 2005; 32: 37-41
- Answering the call: National survey of the mental health and wellbeing of police and emergency services.Detailed Report. Graduate School of Education: The University of Western Australia, Perth2018
- Factors affecting the education of pre-employment paramedic students during the clinical practicum.J Emerg Primary Health Care. 2009; 7: 1-9https://doi.org/10.33151/ajp.7.4.189
- Role of peer support and emotional expression on posttraumatic stress disorder in student paramedics.J Trauma Stress. 2005; 18: 171-179https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.20016
- Risk of psychological distress, pervasiveness of stigma and utilisation of support services: Exploring paramedic perceptions.Austral J Paramed. 2020; : 17https://doi.org/10.33151/ajp.17.764
- Occupational injury risk among Australian paramedics: an analysis of national data.Med J Aust. 2014; 200: 477-480https://doi.org/10.5694/mja13.10941
- Occupational stress, paramedic informal coping strategies: a review of the literature.J Paramedic Pract. 2012; 5: 318-328https://doi.org/10.12968/jpar.2012.4.6.318
- Relation between resiliency and post-traumatic growth in a group of paramedics: the mediating role of coping strategies.Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2015; 28: 707-719https://doi.org/10.13075/ijomeh.1896.00323
Psychiatric Research Unit Frederiksborg General Hospital. (1998). WHO (Five) Well-Being Index. Hillerod, Denmark.
- Situation critical: high demand, low control and low support in paramedic organizations.Traumatology. 2007; 13: 49-58https://doi.org/10.1177/1534765607299912
- Workplace belongingness, distress, and resilience in emergency service workers.Psychol Trauma: Theory, Res, Pract Policy. 2017; 9: 35
- Initial elevation bias in subjective reports.Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2018; 115E15https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1712277115
- Coping Index..University of South Australia, Adelaide2017
- Coping planning: a patient-centred and strengths-focused approach to suicide prevention training.Austral Psychiatry. 2018; 26 (https://): 141-144https://doi.org/10.1177/1039856217732471
- Health theory of coping.Aust Psycholo. 2020; 55: 295-306https://doi.org/10.1111/ap.12465
- Modelling the relationship between healthy and unhealthy coping strategies to understand overwhelming distress: a Bayesian network approach.J Affect Disord Rep. 2021; 3: 1-7https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadr.2020.100054
Stallman, H. M., & Chiera, B. (2021). Relationship between Developmental Competencies and Mental illness using Structural Equation Modelling. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- How do university students cope? An exploration of the health theory of coping in a US sample.J Am College Health. 2020; : 1-7https://doi.org/10.1080/07448481.2020.1789149
- The people behind 000. Mental Health of our First Responders.Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra2018 (Accessed online 1st Feb 2022 at)https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Education_and_Employment/Mentalhealth/Report
- The effects of shift work on physical and mental health.J Neurotransm. 2012; 119: 1121-1132https://doi.org/10.1007/s00702-012-0800-4
- How do paramedics cope? A systematic review.Austral Emerg Care. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.auec.2021.12.003