Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Use of peripheral vascular access in the prehospital setting: is there room for improvement?.BMC Emerg Med. 2020; 20: 46
- New and emerging roles in out of hospital emergency care: a review of the international literature.Int Emerg Nurs. 2009; 17: 90-98
- Extending the paramedic role in rural Australia: a story of flexibility and innovation.Rural Remote Health. 2012; 12: 1-13
- Engaging rural communities in health care through a paramedic expanded scope of practice.Rural Remote Health. 2007; 7: 1-9
- The role of the paramedic practitioner in the UK.Australas J Paramed. 2015; 4: 1
- Use of short peripheral intravenous catheters: Characteristics, management, and outcomes worldwide.J Hosp Med. 2018; : 13
- Intraosseous access in the prehospital setting: literature review.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2012; 27: 468-472
- Not “just” an intravenous line: consumer perspectives on peripheral intravenous cannulation (PIVC). An international cross-sectional survey of 25 countries.PLoS One. 2018; : 13
- Peripheral intravenous catheter placement is an underrecognized source of Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infection.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2016; 3: 2
- Cost of vascular access devices in public hospitals in Queensland.Aust Health Rev. 2019; 43: 511-515
- Prehospital use of peripheral intravenous catheters and intraosseous devices: an integrative literature review of current practices and issues.Austral Emerg Care. 2020; 23: 196-202
- Measuring quality and effectiveness of prehospital ems.Prehosp Emerg Care. 1999; 3: 325-331
- Indicators to measure prehospital care quality: a scoping review.JBI Database Syst Rev Implement Rep. 2018; 16: 2192-2223
- National Assessment of Quality Programs in Emergency Medical Services.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2018; 22: 370-378
Australian Government. Report on Government Services 2020. In: The Productivity Commission, editor. Canberra, 2020.
Queensland Ambulance Service [Internet]. Brisbane: State of Queensland; c1998–2020 [cited 2021 Dec 13]. About the Queensland Ambulance Service. Available from: 〈https://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/about.html〉.
Queensland Museum [Internet]. Brisbane: State of Queensland; c2010–2021 [cited 2021 Dec 13]. Habitats. Available from: 〈https://www.qm.qld.gov.au/Explore/Find+out+about/environment/habitats〉.
- IV access in bleeding trauma patients: a performance review.Injury. 2014; 45: 77-82
- Ambulance paramedic activities in North Ayrshire: a five-year review.Eur J Emerg Med. 2003; 10: 279-282
- Utilization of intravenous catheters by prehospital providers during pediatric transports.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2018; 22: 50-57
- Emergency intraosseous access in a helicopter emergency medical service: a retrospective study.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2010; 18: 52
- Adult intraosseous access by advanced EMTs: a statewide non-inferiority study.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2017; 21: 7-13
- Efficacy and safety of the EZ-IOTM intraosseous device: out-of-hospital implementation of a management algorithm for difficult vascular access.Resuscitation. 2011; 82: 126-129
- European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2021: adult advanced life support.Resuscitation. 2021 1; 161: 115-151
- Part 1: executive summary: 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation.. 2020; 142: S337-S357
Queensland Ambulance Service. Clinical Scope of Practice. February 2021 ed. Queensland: Queensland Government, 2021.
- Routine care of peripheral intravenous catheters versus clinically indicated replacement: randomised controlled trial.BMJ. 2008; 337: 157
- Risk factors for peripheral intravenous catheter failure: a multivariate analysis of data from a randomized controlled trial.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 63-68
Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care. Management of Peripheral Intravenous Catheters Clinical Care Standard. Sydney: Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care, 2021.
- Utilisation of prehospital intravenous access.S Afr Med J. 2014; 104: 615-618