Abbreviations:AECC (Ambulatory Emergency Care Centre), ED (Emergency Department)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Irvine N, Megiddo I, van der Meer R. Ambulatory emergency care. Amsterdam, Netherlands; 2018.
Pownall A. Perth hospital crisis: emergency departments fall behind four-hour benchmark. The West Australian; 2021.
Ambulatory Emergency Care Network. Directory of Ambulatory Emergency Care for Adults [Internet]. NHS Elect; 2018. Available from: 〈https://www.ambulatoryemergencycare.org.uk/uploads/files/1/AEC-Directory%206th%20edition%20February%202018.pdf〉.
- Ambulatory emergency care: how should acute generalists manage risk in undifferentiated illness?.Br J Gen Pract. 2018; 68: 12-13
Galipeau J, Pussegoda K, Stevens A, Brehaut JC, Curran J, Forster AJ, et al. Effectiveness and safety of short-stay units in the emergency department: a systematic review. In: Zehtabchi S (editor). Acad emerg med., vol. 22(8); 2015, p. 893–907.
Australasian College, for Emergency Medicine. Emergency Department Short Stay Units Guidelines [Internet]; 2019. Available from: 〈file:///C:/Users/Carolyn/Downloads/Guidelines_on_ED_Short_Stay_Units.pdf〉.
- The effectiveness and variation of acute medical units: a systematic review.Int J Qual Health Care. 2016; 28: 433-446
- Effectiveness of clinical criteria in directing patient flow from the emergency department to a medical assessment unit in Queensland, Australia: a retrospective chart review of hospital administrative data.BMC Health Serv Res. 2021; 21: 527
Connolly VM, Thompson D. Acute care toolkit 10: ambulatory emergency care [Internet]. Royal College of Physicians; 2014. Available from: 〈file:///C:/Users/Carolyn/Downloads/Acute%20care%20toolkit%2010%20-%20Ambulatory%20emergency%20care_0%20(6).pdf〉.
- Ambulatory emergency care – improvement by design.Clin Med. 2018; 18: 69-74
Urgent and Emergency Care Review Team, Emergency Care Intensive Support Team. Safer, faster, better: good practice in delivering urgent and emergency care. A Guide for local health and social care communities. [Internet]; 2015. Available from: 〈https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/trans-uec.pdf〉.
Government of Western Australia. South metropolitan health service. South Metropolitan Health Service; 2018.
Department of Health 2021. Emergency department – fiona stanley fremantle hospitals group healthpoint page [Internet]; 2021. Available from: 〈https://fsh-healthpoint.hdwa.health.wa.gov.au/directory/clinicalservices/ed/pages/default.aspx〉.
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. My hospitals [Internet]; 2021. Available from: 〈https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports-data/myhospitals〉.
NHS Ambulatory Emergency Care Network [Internet]. NHS ambulatory emergency care network; 2016. Available from: 〈https://www.ambulatoryemergencycare.org.uk/〉.
- The AMB Score: a pilot study to develop a scoring system to identify which acute medicine referrals would be appropriate for ambulatory care management.Acute Med. 2010; 9: 141
- Direct referrals from emergency department streaming to ambulatory care: improving same-day emergency care.Future Health J. 2020; 7 ([s39–s39])
Health Policy Analysis. Australian emergency care classification definitions manual [Internet]. Independent Hospital Pricing Authority; 2019. Available from: 〈https://www.ihpa.gov.au/sites/default/files/aecc_definitions_manual_version_4.pdf〉.
- Establishing an ambulatory care service using point-of-care testing diagnostics.Br J Hosp Med. 2018; 79: 520-523
- Can ambulatory emergency care have a positive impact on acute services?.Acute Med. 2015; 14: 125-131
The Department of Health Western Australia. Non-admitted activity reference manual [Internet]; 2019. Available from: 〈https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/~/media/Files/Corporate/Policy-Frameworks/Information-management/Policy/Non-Admitted-Activity-Recording-and-Reporting/Supporting/Non-Admitted-Activity-Reference-Manual.pdf〉.
- An evaluation of the care of patients with minor injuries in emergency settings.Accid Emerg Nurs. 2000; 8: 101-109
- Evaluation of a nurse-led minor injuries unit.Nurs Stand. 1997; 12: 35-38
- Emergency and urgent care systems in Australia, Denmark, England, France, Germany and the Netherlands – analyzing organization, payment and reforms.Health Policy. 2019; 123: 1-10
- Urgent care centers deter some emergency department visits but, on net, increase spending: study examines whether growth of retail urgent care centers deterred lower-acuity emergency department visits.Health Aff. 2021; 40: 587-595
- Urgent care centres reduce emergency department and primary care same-day visits: a natural experiment.Health Policy Plan. 2019; 34: 170-177