Advance Care Planning Australia. (Accessed 30 June 2021), 〈https://www.advancecareplanning.org.au/〉.
- Difficult but necessary conversations – the case for advance care planning.Med J Aust. 2013; 199: 662-666https://doi.org/10.5694/mja13.10158
Parliament of Victoria. Medical Treatment Planning and Decisions Act 2016 Updated 07/02/2019. (Accessed 7 February 2019), 〈http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/domino/Web_Notes/LDMS/LTObject_Store/ltobjst10.nsf/DDE300B846EED9C7CA257616000A3571/E1C62E0B8A2916E5CA25824B0007362D/$FILE/16–69aa001%20authorised.pdf〉.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and endotracheal intubation decisions for adults with advance care directive and resuscitation plans in the emergency department.Australas Emerg Care. 2020; 23: 247-251https://doi.org/10.1016/j.auec.2020.05.003
- Characteristics and outcomes of “Do Not Resuscitate” patients admitted to the emergency department–Intensive care unit.J Formos Med Assoc. 2019; 118: 223-229https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfma.2018.03.016
- Provider tools for advance care planning and goals of care discussions: a systematic review.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018; 35: 1123-1132https://doi.org/10.1177/1049909118760303
Australasian College for Emergency Medicine. Responsibility for care in emergency departments; 2020. Australia. (Accessed 18 November 2021). 〈https://acem.org.au/getmedia/a4b74407–26c1–4f35–892d-0cae612214c5/P18_Policy_on_Responsibility_for_Care_in_EDs_R1〉.
- An exploratory study of goals of care conversations initiated with seriously Ill veterans in the emergency room.J Palliat Med. 2021; 24: 873-878https://doi.org/10.1089/jpm.2020.0401
- To intubate or not to intubate: emergency medicine physicians’ perspective on intubating critically Ill, terminal cancer patients.J Pain Symptom Manag. 2017; 54: 654-660.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2017.07.038
- Decision-making on behalf of people living with dementia: how do surrogate decision-makers decide?.J Med Ethics. 2017; 43: 35https://doi.org/10.1136/medethics-2015-103301
- Shared decision making to improve the emergency care of older adults: a research agenda.Acad Emerg Med. 2016; 23: 1386-1393https://doi.org/10.1111/acem.13074
- Comparing doctors’ legal compliance across three Australian states for decisions whether to withhold or withdraw life-sustaining medical treatment: does different law lead to different decisions?.BMC Palliat Care. 2017; 16: 63https://doi.org/10.1186/s12904-017-0249-1
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and endotracheal intubation decisions for adults with advance care directive and resuscitation plans in the emergency department.Australas Emerg Care. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.auec.2020.05.003
Austin Health. Discussing and Setting Overall Goal of Care with Patients. 17776; 2020. (4), (4).
Austin Health Advance Care Planning. Life Prolonging Treatment Policy – a guide to life prolonging treatment and limitation of treatment; 2018.
- Educating healthcare employees about advance care planning.Asia Pac J Oncol Nurs. - 2019; 6: 343-348https://doi.org/10.4103/apjon.apjon_27_19
- Project to improve storage, access and incorporation of advance care plans in a regional Australian hospital.Aust J Rural Health. 2019; 27: 104-110https://doi.org/10.1111/ajr.12467
- Provider perspectives on advance care planning documentation in the electronic health record: the experience of primary care providers and specialists using advance health-care directives and physician orders for life-sustaining treatment.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2017; 34: 918-924https://doi.org/10.1177/1049909117693578
- Advance directives in the emergency department.J Am Coll Emerg Physicians Open. 2020; 1: 270-275https://doi.org/10.1002/emp2.12021
- Assessment of advance care planning documentation for residents of residential aged care facilities presenting to the emergency department.Aust Health Rev. 2020; 44: 847-852https://doi.org/10.1071/AH19238
- Improving advance care planning in a resident primary care clinic.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2019; 37: 185-190https://doi.org/10.1177/1049909119872757
- Prevalence and correlates of advance care directives among older Australians accessing health and residential aged care services: multicentre audit study.BMJ Open. 2019; 9e025255https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-025255
- 56 Advanced care planning in patients admitted from care homes to the emergency department.BMJ Support Palliat Care. 2020; 10: A28-A29https://doi.org/10.1136/spcare-2020-PCC.77
- Utilizing the electronic health record to improve advance care planning: a systematic review.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018; 35: 532-541https://doi.org/10.1177/1049909117715217
- Advance care planning documentation practices and accessibility in the electronic health record: implications for patient safety.J Pain Symptom Manag. 2018; 55: 256-264https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2017.09.018
- A yet unrealized promise: structured advance care planning elements in the electronic health record.J Palliat Med. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1089/jpm.2020.0774
- Should emergency department patients with end-of-life directives be admitted to the ICU?.J Emerg Med. 2018; 55: 435-440https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2018.06.009
- Advance care planning in Australia: what does the law say?.Aust Health Rev. 2016; 40: 405-414https://doi.org/10.1071/AH15120
- Nurses’ views regarding implementing advance care planning for older people: a systematic review and synthesis of qualitative studies.J Clin Nurs. 2015; 24: 2057-2073https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.12853
- Effects of advance care planning on confidence in surrogates’ ability to make healthcare decisions consistent with older adults’ wishes: findings from a randomized controlled trial.Patient Educ Couns. 2018; 101: 1256-1261https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2018.02.005