Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australasian Emergency Care
- Emergency department overcrowding: developing emergency department capacity through process improvement.Clin Pediatr Emerg Med [Internet]. 2011; 12: 141-150https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpem.2011.04.001
- Emergency Department Care 2016–17.(Australian Hospital Statistics. Cat. No. HSE 194) AIHW, Canberra2017 (Available from: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hospitals/ahs-2016-17-emergency-department-care/contents/table-of-contents)
- Hospital Resources 2016–17.(Australian Hospital Statistics. Cat. No. HSE 205) AIHW, Canberra2017 (Available from: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hospitals/ahs-2016-17-hospital-resources/contents/table-of-contents)
Queensland Government. Brisbane and southeast Queensland [internet] 2018. Available from: https://www.qld.gov.au/about/about-queensland/towns/brisbane#_overview.
- Qualitative inquiry & research design: choosing among five approaches.2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage2007
- Ideas: General introduction to pure phenomenology.([W.R. Boyce Gibson, Trans.]) George Allen & Unwin, London1931
- Logical investigation. vols. 1–2 [J.N. Findlay, Trans.]. Humanities Press, New York1970
- Psychological research as phenomenologist views it. Existential phenomenological alternatives for psychology.Oxford University Press, New York1978
National Health and Medical Research Council. Chapter 4.2: Children and young people. Search Results Section 4: Ethical considerations specific to participants. 2015 Retrieved from: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/book/chapter-4-2-children-and-youngpeople.
- Qualitative research in nursing and healthcare.Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, West Sussex, UK2010
- Some guidelines for the phenomenological analysis of interview data.Hum Stud. 1985; 8: 279-303
- Process of Quantitative Data Analysis Nursing research: generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice.Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia, PA2017: 426-439
- Interviewing.in: Gerrish K. Lacey A. The research process in nursing. Wiley-Blackwell, West Sussex, United Kingdom2010: 350
- Parental experiences and preferences as participants in pediatric research conducted in the emergency department.Can J Emerg Med. 2018; 20: 409-419https://doi.org/10.1017/cem.2017.22
- Patient experience in the pediatric emergency department: do parents and children feel the same?.Eur J Pediatr. 2017; 176: 1263-1267https://doi.org/10.1007/s00431-017-2954-4
- The experiences of parents and nurses of hospitalised infants requiring oxygen therapy for severe bronchiolitis: a phenomenological study.J Child Health Care. 2015; 19: 216-228https://doi.org/10.1177/1367493513503587
- Perceptions of health care providers’ communication: relationships between patient-centered communication and satisfaction.J Health Commun. 2009; : 363-384https://doi.org/10.1207/S15327027HC1603_6
- Why do parents bring their children to the emergency department? A systematic inventory of motives.Int J Fam Med. 2015; : 978412https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/978412
- Parental involvement – an essential component of family-centred care.Infant. 2005; 1 ([2 ref]): 105
- The nature of the mother's tie to her infant: maternal bonding under conditions of proximity, separation, and potential loss.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1999; 40: 929-939
- Family centred care: a review of qualitative studies.J Clin Nurs. 2006; 15: 1317-1323https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2006.01433.x
- The experience of caring.J Adv Nurs. 1989; 14: 815-823
Association for the Wellbeing of Children in Healthcare, 2010. The charter of children and young people's rights in healthcare in Australia. Association for the Wellbeing of Children in Healthcare. Policy relating to the provision of play for children in hospital. Sydney: AWCH; 2010. http://www.awch.org.au/child-health-policies.php [accessed Dec, 2015].
- Patient satisfaction in the emergency department – a survey of pediatric patients and their parents.Acad Emerg Med [Internet]. 2002; 9 (Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12460841): 1379-1388
- Design issues in hospitals: the adolescent client.Environ Behav. 2006; 38: 293-317
- Decision making in Paediatric Care: an overview with reference to nursing care.Annu Rev Polit Sci [Internet]. 2003; 6: 473-507
- Emergency care for children in pediatric and general emergency departments.Pediatr Emerg Care [Internet]. 2007; 23 (Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17351408): 94-102
- Consensus standards for the care of children and adolescents in Australian health services.Med J Aust [Internet]. 2011; 194 (Available from: http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&PAGE=reference&D=medl&NEWS=N&AN=21241221): 78-82